I had a load of carrots that needed using up before they went off and let’s face it *everyone* loves Carrot & Coriander soup, plus with Autumn poking it’s head around the corner making and freezing portions of soup means you can have a homemade, comforting bowl of soup whenever you feel like.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 450g/1lb carrots, sliced (I left the skins on)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 pints of vegetable stock
- large bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions and the carrots. Cook for a few minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the ground coriander and cook for 1 minute. Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the coriander and then whizz everything up with a hand blender/blender until smooth.