It had to be done. I saw it in a magazine, I love KISS, plus I’d recently ran out of all my other perfume. It also cost me less than a fiver on Amazon as well which is a bit of a bargain even if I do say so. I’ve never ever bought perfume on a whim before but I’m glad I did. It’s quite nice and fruity and I’ve received a few complements whilst wearing it. I just like the fact the lids come with a random member of KISS’ make up on it. I got Peter Criss.
Next month I’m going to see Steel Panther and I seriously cannot wait. It’s going to be hilarious I know it is. Plus Motorhead are playing Newcastle City Hall in November as well. Hopefully if fund’s allow I’ll be able to get to that as well. The below photo is from the launch night of my friends pub. I tried to get everyone to paint up as their favourite KISS member. I think there was like 2 Gene Simmons and 6 Paul Stanleys including me hahahaha.
Have a few web site links that I’ve stumbled across lately:
* Bauhaus: Ninety Years of Inspiration.
* Typedia – “a mix between IMDb and Wikipedia, but just for type”.
* Six Font’s That Piss People Off – It even covers the recent Futura to Verdana changes that Ikea have made to their catalogues.
* Absolut Gimp – Or Absolut Judas Priest???
* The Big Knit 2009 – It’s that time of year again where keen knitters and hookers (crochet fans, not prostitutes) knit little hats for Innocent Smoothie bottles to raise funds for Age Concern. I’ve set a personal challenge to see how many hats I can knit *only* during theStitch & Bitch meetings between now and including the 1st October. It’ll be interesting to see considering that’s about 10 hours of knitting.
* How to repair your old Powerbook?? – The Ice-T way. Body Count Mutha Fuckers!!!
But in fairness they’ve gave me the well overdue kick up the backside I’ve needed to update wordpress and install a few plugins that I’ve been meaning to do for a while for this blog. I woke up this morning, only slightly hungover caused by a gig I went to last night which was a lot of fun, fed the cats, and went back to bed with my laptop to find this post by my friend Brenda and thought “shit” so I’ve spent an hour or so doing a bit of “behind the scenes” magic to avoid such issues, especially since I’m trying to make more of an effort with this blog.
The new tattoo is healing well but why is it that whenever you get new ink and you see someone you know they instinctively grab/touch it straight away? You can’t really get angry at them because it’s not their fault they didn’t know it was new so you just have to grin and bear it. I decided I would write a little on how I care for new tattoos on here as well. I do realise that there’s a lot of information on this subject on the internet but this is how I’ve more or less always done it and so far so good.