It’s no secret that I work for Lush and as a result probably about 90% of toiletries that I review in this and future posts will show nothing but empty black pots. I also own a shit load of toiletries so I’m on a self imposed ban from buying any in future unless it’s an absolute essential so we’ll see how it goes.
- Angels On Bear Skin by Lush – This to me is the best cleanser I’ve ever had the good fortune to use. I have explored other avenues in the past only to find my skin will break out or whatever so I’ll go back to this and within a week or so my skin will be back to “normal” therefore I’m now of the opinion of “if it aint broke then don’t fix it”. My skin reacts really well to lavender plus this doubles as a gentle exfoliator. I’ve already bought a new pot as like I say, I’m sticking with this for life now. £6.25
- Atomic Toothy Tabs by Lush – Atomic must be one of the better tasting toothy tabs that Lush make as far as I’m concerned and I’ve tried them all. Others that I find pleasant are Ultrablast, Chou Chou I Love You and Sparkle. I love taking these to Music Festivals/holidays purely because they really do a good job of cleaning your teeth, especially after drinking too much alcohol and smoking too many cigarettes. You know when you go to the dentist for a scale and polish and afterwards you can’t help but lick your teeth because they feel so clean? That’s what these make your mouth feel like after using them for a few days. Some people like to use half a tablet, others two. I’m a one tablet per use girl however. The only negative I have is that I miss the crisp minty freshness that normal toothpaste provides and the confidence of not having a stinky breath that goes with it. Saying that I don’t use Toothy Tabs all of the time, maybe every few days or so as advised by my dental hygienist. I do think that I’ll continue to use these on occasion but I’m pretty happy with my normal toothpaste tbh. £2.50
- Dirty Spritzer by Lush – It would seem I didn’t get the memo that decided that this Gorilla Perfume was for the boys. Do I care? Nope. I love Dirty and I douse myself in it at every available opportunity. Dirty is probably my signature “day time” scent and as well as the perfume I’m also an avid user of the body spray and shower gel too. I don’t normally buy the spritzers in honesty, I just go straight for the Atomisers as I find that they last longer. I also like to carry the solid perfume around with me to top up during the day and apply to my hair if needed. £9.50
- Enchanted Eye Cream by Lush – This lasts for ages, like best part of a year or so and although it is expensive I find it is worth it. I use this whenever I remember but mostly on an evening. It’s super light so perfect for the delicate skin around your eyes and I’ve found that one squirt is more than enough to do both eyes. Any excess I just rub in anywhere else like my forehead, mouth or neck area. I will buy again purely because I’m 34 and well prevention is better than a cure innit? £11.50
- Hair Doctor by Lush – Is a scalp mask and is perfect for those who suffer from problem scalps. Luckily for me I don’t but I still enjoy the sensation of this due to the peppermint and it makes my hair feel really nice and soft afterwards. I used to use this religiously whenever I used to bleach my roots as it really soothed my scalp after bleaching but I don’t feel the need for it as much these days. I’m personally a fan of shoving a whole pot on my head and using it all in one go. It’s a fresh product so it has a short shelf life and needs to be kept in the fridge due to it’s lack of preservatives. Not something I would normally buy these days but it was given to me and well waste not want not. £6.75
- Love Lettuce by Lush – Another fresh Lush product that you need to keep in the fridge. Each fresh face mask lasts about three weeks and I normally get about 6 applications from each pot so applying twice a week is ideal to make sure you get value for your money. Love Lettuce is one of my favourite face masks due to the Lavender and also the ground almond shells which really exfoliates and brightens my skin. £5.95
- Pied De Pepper Foot Cream by Lush – I only have about half a pot of this stuff left now. It was discontinued about 18 months ago and I miss it loads. Nothing else comes close for me. Pied De Pepper was very spicy and as a result warming so if you suffered from bad circulation in your tootsies or if your feet were just cold then a quick rub with this stuff soon changed that. In winter I’d also use it on my hands to warm them up too. Not a clue as to why Lush discontinued this but I do wish they’d bring it back.
- Skinny Dip by Lush – I bought this on a whim last year when it was released as a limited edition retro item. I liked it that much I bought another pot shortly after. It seems to make my skin feel really soft and I found it awesome to shave my legs with. I have one tub left.
- Superdrug Setting Lotion Extra Firm 150ml – I bought this for when I needed to pin curl my hair not that long ago and I have one more bottle of this left. Cheap as chips and did the job no problems. I may try the normal hold next time but overall for the price I’m more than impressed. A must for anyone who’s hair is poker straight and drops at first opportunity. It’s not tested on animals and suitable for vegans and on top of that it’s currently 2 for £2 otherwise it’s £1.49 a bottle. BOOM.
Other beauty products that I’ve used up this month which had no packaging (better for the environment innit) but still deserve a mention:
- Bubblebeard Reusable Bubble Bar by Lush – I was given this last Christmas and although personally I’m not a huge bubble wand fan this one smells like Dirty and as a bath cocktail ingredient it’s proved quite versatile. I did enjoy it but I’m not sure if I’d re-buy it if it comes out again next Christmas.
- Ceridwen’s Cauldron by Lush – Easily my favourite bath melt by Lush. Every time my skin is playing up or feels rougher than a badgers arse I fling one in the tub and after a rub all over with King of Skin Im as smooth as a baby’s bum. Will be using these until the cows come home, despite the price but I’m happy to pay it as I find it really soothing. £3.99
- Full Of Grace by Lush – I love this little bar of wonder. I like to use it underneath a face mask for extra moisture and also is really nice on an evening either on it’s own or underneath your night time moisturiser if your skin is feeling dry. One of these bars will last me months so in my opinion is definitely worth the price. I keep mine in a shampoo bar tin (also from Lush) to keep it nice and clean. I’ve since bought another one. £7.95
- Keep It Fluffy Ballistic by Lush – A rare item in my stash. Originally from my Jon Burgerman tin, who’s contents I keep forgetting about. I loved this fragrance when B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful was about. I really wish I could get my hands on one last bottle. Despite me loving other BNTBTBB fragrances now such as Dirty and Cocktail I never tried them at the time which is a bit of a regret as I love the old bottles.
- King Of Skin by Lush – Where would I be without this beautiful beautiful body butter. I’m that obsessed currently with KOS that I currently have 3 of these on the go. One at home, one at my boyfriends and one in my gym bag. I’m shit at remembering to use body lotion and if it wasn’t for this my skin would be positively reptillian. Soon as you’re rinsed and about to get out of the bath/shower, just rub this all over you and then throw your towel on. No need to rub in or rub off, just leave it be. I would probably say that this is one of my top 10 Lush products. £5.25
- Magic Mushroom by Lush – I’ve had this in my stash since the first time it came out which was Valentine’s Day last year. Shocking I know but I’ve always been loath to use rare items until now. My top tip is to take the white stalk from this and crumble it in my washing machine which results in creamy strawberry milkshake scented laundry. The red bit you can just use in the bath. It would have been nice if these were in store again this year, especially since there were no new bath related Valentines Day products but maybe next year. They’re still available online as part of the Retro range. £3.50
- Twilight Bath Ballistic by Lush – I love the smell of this but if there’s one thing I hate… It’s glitter. Especially when it get’s stuck to my skin in the bath. I don’t suffer that badly from eczema but I do feel like clawing my skin off after a while. Lush however have changed the glitter in a lot of their products as of late so once that change has hit these bad boys I’ll probably give em another whirl. Until then I still have a load of the shower gel left from Christmas. £3.20
…And it seems I’m back. What have I been up to to warrant such neglect of this blog? Quite a lot actually. Been working lots, have been recovering from surgery, been tattooed, started going to the gym again, started smoking again, decorated my kitchen, celebrated Christmas and my birthday, made some marmalade, spent loads of money on vinyl and pretty much thats it in a nutshell.
How about you?
I am going to try my best in future with updating. We shall see how that goes.
Last Saturday a few of us went to The Coquette Collective‘s Burlesque Show and since I hardly get to go out thought I’d go all out. After trawling the internet I found this lady’s YouTube channel and decided to try and pin curl my hair. For first attempts I was pretty proud of myself and my fella’s efforts as I had to get him to do the back for me. I went to sleep with them in on the Friday night and went to work with a scarf on my head the next day. I definitely think I’ll be doing this again in future. Also kudos to Superdrugs who have a lot of vegan friendly toiletries these days. I bought some old lady setting lotion from there and not only is it BUAV approved but vegan friendly too. Boom.
I was somewhat naughty over the weekend. Naughty but day-um I smell good. The Yuzu and Cocoa seems to be my favourite so far. Ghost shower gel smells a lot like 9-5 cleanser too.
I spotted this piece of stencil graffiti whilst on my travels today. I loved the Dizzy games as a kid. I used to have the Sinclair ZX Spectrum +2. It was my very first computer/video games console. Operation Wolf and Ghostbusters were other favourites of mine.